Sunday, May 13, 2012

Structure of mireals

Mineral Properties:

Luster- There are two types of luster that use to measure the mineral, metallic and non-metallic.

Hardness- The hardness of the minerals is between 1 to 10, 1 is the softest and 10 is the hardest.

Common color- The common color is use to describe the how the mineral look like when people see.

Steak- Steak is one of the characteristics that use to identify the minerals. People use the steak plate to check the steak color of the mineral.

Cleavage- Cleavage is use to see how the mineral look like when it break.

Use- Each mineral can use in different way, some of the mineral can make jewelry, and some of them can paint.

Composition- The mineral is create by many different things, oxygen, sodium, sulfur ....etc. Those are the composition of the mineral.

Characteristics- There are other charateristics on each mineral, those characteristics is different and unique from other minerals.

Video:


Reflection:

1. What did you enjoy the most about this project and why?

The part that I enjoy the most during this project was recorded the video. The reason that I like this part is because I can use my voice to speak and show how to identify the difference between each mineral.

2. What was most challenging for you during this project and why?

The most challenging part of this project was recording, the reason that I think is challenging is because I recorded so many times on one mineral.

3. What new skills did you learn from doing this project?

The new skill that I learned during this project was, I knew few different ways to classify the minerals.

4. Is there anything that you could have done to improve any of your work? Explain.

I think I did very good job on this project, but one thing that I want to change to improve my work is to show more confident on my video when I record. I think I didn't show enough confident when I am recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment